This weekend was relaxed, which was nice because this week is going to be busy getting ready to move into the house on Friday (4 days!!!).
Friday was a quiet day for me. I finished my last day of teaching at the music studio (I decided to quite because the commute will be almost an hour each way, just to teach a few hours for 2 nights a week). I dropped Stephan off at a pup to meet up with some of his friends from work, so he could go out and celebrate his birthday. I stayed home and organized some paper-work for the new house, and immigration papers. Soooo much paperwork. I feel much better now that is orgnized.
Saturday was Stephan's birthday. We had plans to go out fishing for the day with Gordie and Aryn, however the rain and thunder-storms cancelled those plans. Instead we slept in a bit, and I made Stephan a birthday-pancake breakfast. Then, since Stephan was up late the night before (and I was up late so I could pick him up at the end of the night) we went back to bed and had a nap. We lazed around the rest of the afternoon before I made Stephan a birthday dinner of meatloaf, mashed potatoes and carrots. After dinner we headed to our favourite pub for one last get together with friends before we move far away from this area. We had a great time with Aryn and Gordie, just chatting and hanging out, celebrating Stephan's birthday. And of course, I gave Stephan his birthday present: a new wallet, and a couple editions of a German magazine he likes. I also got him a "National Geographic" for him to read. If he likes it, I'll get him a subscription for a year.
Sunday, we both got up and went to Church in the morning for Pentecost service. The afternoon was quiet, we got home from church and had left overs for lunch. I took a nap. Followed by packing up some of the kitchen stuff so I could bring it to the house today. Stephan was really kind and loaded it all up in the car for me last-night.
I'm getting really excited to get into the house on Friday! I'm still trying to figure out where and how to get our mail box key, and Canada post is supposed to be "resolving the issue" by June 15th, so Wednesday. Which is a little tight, and it has me a little stressed. But fingers crossed it all works out.
How was your weekend?
No comments:
Post a Comment