Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy Wednesday!

I want to start linking up for "What I'm loving Wednesday", but I'm unsure of who I link up with...do I link up with anyone I read who does this? Or do I link up with the original...if so...who is that?!

So I'll skip it for this week, and just update you with the week so far, and upcoming plans.

This week has been busy slowly moving things over to the house. At this point, I've moved most things over except for a minimum amount of clothes for the 2 of us, and our kitchen stuff. I've also unpacked as I went, so there is less to do all at once. I think it is going well. Although, not a lot will get done this weekend since Saturday is Stephan's birthday, so we'll see how next week goes. Next Friday is the big move-in date, when we will actually sleep at the new place. By that day, all I should have left to move is the big furniture which Stephan and his friends will handle while I am at work.

This Friday is my last day at the music studio teaching. I gave my notice before I went on vacation. It will just be too far a commute to teach for a few hours 2 nights a week, almost an hour drive. So I decided to leave. I'll be sad to say goodbye to my students, but I'll also be a bit relieved. Working 2 jobs is exhausting. And it falls on the days when Stephan is home from work for the weekends. It will be nice to be able to have dinner ready for when Stephan gets home from work on Thursdays, or to be able to make dinner before the German Club on Fridays, instead of always having to grab fast-food on the way. We'll have more of a weekend together now, more time together.

I can't wait to get into the house! Many of the rooms will be a bit empty and/or unfinished for awhile, until we slowly set up enough furniture to fill all the rooms. But we have the basics. What I'm REALLY excited for is a bathtub (we currently just have a shower), HEAT (the tenants upstairs control the heat and they are stingy with it) and a BED (our mattress is on the floor, it always has been).

1 week and 2 days until move-in day!! WOOHOOO!!!

P.S: Stephan was made job-lead this week at work, for this specific job. Basically, its foreman. But just for this job (the company always has a different job lead for each different job). This is Stephan's first time as job lead, and I'm VERY proud of him! CONGRATS BABE!

4 comments:

  1. For WILW, you link up with Jamie's blog. She puts up a link each week and you just enter your blog into it. Her blog is littledaisymay.blogspot.com. It's super easy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for moving in so soon and for all the new thing in your house :-)
    About WILW, and any other links, you always link up with the original blog, in this case Jamie at http://littledaisymay.blogspot.com/ :-)
    Hope it helps :-)
    PS: thank you for your sweet comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is where you link up for WILW:

    http://littledaisymay.blogspot.com/

    : )

    ReplyDelete