Monday, June 20, 2011

weekend recap - MOVING DAY!

First of all, I have more pictures of the house to share with you! But, my camera is acting up (the batteries are dead, and its an older camera so it has to have power to connect to the computer), so I will have to wait until they charge and show them to you tomorrow. Sorry :(

Friday was moving day! I had to work, but I had everything packed up and sorted to go Thursday night. Stephan and 2 of his friends from work took the work truck and trailer and moved all the furniture. I had most of the boxes already moved over and unpacked at the new house, during the week which was a huge help. I finished work and came home to an empty apartment, so I quickly vacuumed and mopped and headed down to the new house. I spent the night unpacking the last of the boxes and organizing. Pretty much everything is unpacked now, except for a few odds and ends.

Saturday we had pancakes for breakfast...made on the new stove! Wow, does it cook a lot faster than my old stove! I'm gonna have to readjust all my recipes, which means they will probably get done in the time they are SUPPOSED to get done. Stephan helped me hang up some pictures and paintings, and we talked about what else we would like to do for decorations. In the evening, we had a house warming party for one of Stephan's friends from work, who happened to be one of the guys who helped us move.

Sunday was father's day :) I had church in the morning, of which my Aunt and Uncle were in town in order to visit my cousin Johnny and Rachel, and their baby boy Henry. I made sure to give my dad a phone call and had a nice conversation with him. He will be receiving his present late because of the Canada Post strike. But there's not much I can do about that. Other than that, Sunday was relaxing. I had a long nap in the afternoon (I also had one on Saturday ...it was an exhausting week moving stuff to the house), and cooked our first dinner in the new house. Stephan also got to talk to his family on skype while I was at church, and got to see his nephew for the first time (he just took his first steps recently!), so it was a really nice treat for Stephan.

I have to say, we both love being home owners. We love having a place to call home, something that is ours and that we can make our own. And we are relieved not to have bad neighbours above us anymore. We are happy to be out of a basement apartment, and into something that is so bright and airy. Even the air feels better here, better air circulation I guess.

Hopefully I can get the pictures posted tomorrow :)

How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment