Stephan had Friday off so after I went to work he packed up all boxes I had packed so far and put them in the car and unloaded them at the new house. He also met up with a friend of his from work, and the 2 of them went out shopping to get some blinds for the house. Blinds, sadly, were not included. But Stephan and his friend got a really good deal, and the blinds ended up costing us half of what we thought they would. They are venetian style blinds, faux wood and they look really good! They are white, condo rule. The condos have to look the same from the outside. I don't really mind too much, we can always hang coloured curtains if we want something other than white. I worked both jobs as usual (however, I gave my notice at the studio as it will be too far of a commute once I move), and we headed to the German club after.
Saturday was another busy day! We didn't sleep in. We packed up more boxes into the car and headed to the new house. I worked on unpacking the boxes and organizing things while Stephan worked up on setting up the blinds. We were waiting for the brick to deliver our new bed-set anyways, as well as my cousins to arrive with our boxspring. We had found one in good condition that was used, and Johnny and Rachel were picking up the boxspring and delivering it to us. So kind of them! It also gave them a chance to see the new house.
Sunday was a bit more relaxed. I had church and fellowship, and then a nice lazy nap when I got home. The rest of the afternoon was spent packing, ate dinner and did some more packing. We plan to move a few things over to the house almost daily so that on the big move in date (next Friday) we only have to move the big furniture.
Oh, when I got the keys to the house last Tuesday I already decorated a little. While I was gone in Ontario I had received some birthday money from Stephan's family in Germany and so I bought some things to make decorations with:
P.S: if I don't comment on your blog, please don't be offended! I am packing and moving, but I am trying to follow everyone's blogs as much as I can and will, of course, comment as much as possible :)
Ooo I like the blinds!
ReplyDeleteYour decorations look lovely! I like your bedroom furniture too
ReplyDeleteI love the decorations you bought!
ReplyDelete