Monday, July 4, 2011

weekend recap - Canada Day Weekend

Yay for long weekends! I don't know why, but even though last week was just a 4-day week it just seemed so long and tiring. I needed this weekend! Stephan was gone up North, still working so I was by myself for the weekend.

This weekend was full of practices for church, as we have a HUGE service at the end of July that involves the opening of our new church building, and the head our church coming from Germany to hold the service (which is being transmitted to over 300 of our congregations across North America). That being said, I started off the weekend by sleeping in a bit (yay for sleep! anything past 5am is sleeping in for me), and had a lazy morning until it was time to go to church for an ensemble practice. After the practice ended, around dinner time I headed over to my cousins', who had invited me over for a bbq along with some other friends from church. We filled ourselves with delicious food (mmm corn on the cob), played bocce ball all evening and had a bonfire.
playing bocce ball

I also got to spend time with this little guy, Henry (my cousins John and Rachel's little baby). I actually was able to get him to give me one tiny little giggle, which was the most adorable thing to hear. And there was lots of smiles from him, which are simply infectious.


Saturday was another day with a bit of sleeping in, and then a long choir practice. This is actually our last one before the dress rehearsal. I have to say, it went pretty well and things are pulling together. I spent the evening by myself, made myself a simple dinner and enjoyed the evening with a glass of wine and a few chick flicks (hey, I never get to watch them...Stephan refuses). Oh, and I was woken up at night again by the howling, wild pack of coyotes. After that, I couldn't ever fully get back to sleep because I had dreams that the coyotes were chasing me and I was unable to even leave the front door of my house.

Sunday was a low-key day. I had church in the morning, and fellowship after. I went to a store following church and bought a mattress set for the guest bedroom, considering my parents arrive in a week. Stephan will have to help me pick it up when he gets home.a I spent some time after church doing some cleaning (since I had been lazy on it the last 2 days), and had a nap, since I was exhausted from my lack of sleep the night before. I made another low-key dinner, and watched more chick flicks (hey, I wanted to cram them in while I had the chance!).

Monday morning was early, ugh. I hate getting up on Mondays. But, on the plus side Stephan comes home from tomorrow, I haven't seen him in a week! And, on the other plus side my parents come to visit in 1 week exactly!

Please, send prayers for my little 17 year old brother, who leaves for Germany today with his friend (they are going there to visit his friend's older brother, who stayed when the family moved to Canada). Pray that he arrives safely, enjoys his trip, no harm happens and that he stays out of trouble. Yes, I'm a little worried. But I'm his older sister, and I can't help it. That being said, I hope he has the trip of a life-time, and I know it will be a great experience for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment