So I was away a little longer than planned. But I have reasons, valid excuses! My parents went back to Ontario on Wednesday, although it already seems like forever ago. I will update a little on their visit with us later this week :)
This past weekend we had a big service for church. I mentioned it in a few posts, about how there were choir practices. Basically, the head of our church (the Chief Apostle) came from Germany to hold a service for the opening of our new church building. This service was transmitted by satellite to 300 of our congregations across Canada the USA. So it was a big deal. For us, this is like having the Pope come here. Just to put in perspective. I was one of the 3 organists/pianists, and I did a piece on my oboe with the choir. Overall, I feel like I played well and I'm happy with how things turned out. After the service, we went to a hall for a dinner. I was able to shake hands and grab a picture with the Chief Apostle. Its on a friends camera, so I will have to share it with you when I get it...probably next week sometime as he is traveling for work this week. It was crazy, stressful, busy the last few months preparing for this service, and while it was very exciting I am glad things are going to go back to normal now.
I'm especially looking forward to getting back into blogging and catching you all up! AND, most importantly, to catching up on all of your wonderful blogs!
No comments:
Post a Comment