Monday, December 12, 2011

weekend recap

Friday was my night to cook a big dinner. Stephan had been wanting stuffed peppers, which is a big meal to make and takes awhile (especially on weeknights when I don't get home until 6pm). But, I had an excuse to cook. The gift I picked up from my parents at The Bay was a Henckel pot and pan set! Really, REALLY nice. So I was excited to put it into action!


We watched our Friday night TV shows, and then ordered a movie on TV. It was late when we started the movie, but Stephan spoiled me and let me choose Pirates of the Caribbean 4 (I'm a HUGE Johnny Depp fan!!). Luckily the movie was rented for 48 hours because I was SO tired that I fell asleep 20 minutes into the movie (and if you know me, to fall asleep during a Johnny Depp movie means extremely tired!). Stephan had to wake me up when the movie was over.

Saturday I slept in extremely late. We both woke up around 10am, but Stephan I guess thought that I was quite tired from the week more so than usual, and ordered me to sleep in longer and rest. Which I have to admit, I took full advantage of. I kept my lazy, tired butt in bed until about 11:30am. Stephan wouldn't even let me make him pancakes for breakfast, he wanted me to take it easy (I don't mind being spoiled every once in awhile). We spent Saturday afternoon doing the rest of our Christmas shopping (I only have Stephan's left to get, but I know what I'm getting), and we bought a little Christmas tree!! However, as Stephan suspected it was a disaster with Anna. I tried with my glass ornaments, BIG MISTAKE...she broke one before I finished decorating...and of course, it had to be one of my favourites that broke :( She's been going after the tree CONSTANTLY, nothing keeps her away. I spent the evening at home quietly watching a movie while Stephan went out with the boys. I enjoyed my lazy time on the couch :)





Sunday was a church, followed after by a long, glorious and lazy nap! We grabbed fast food for dinner, and watched our Sunday shows. Nothing exciting.

How was your weekend? Are you ready for Christmas?

No comments:

Post a Comment