I know this is late in the day for my post, but better late than never!
Friday was quiet. Stephan was away for work, so I was by myself. I had been feeling sick again this week, with a sore throat. Since I'd already had laryngitis I thought I would get it checked. Needless to see, no walk-in clinics were open when I got off of work, nor on the weekend. So that didn't work out. My only option was the emergency room, which I was NOT going to with a sore throat. So I just took it easy on Friday, and did some reading for my course.
Saturday I slept in, it was much needed. Stephan had given me strict instructions to relax and take it easy, he was worried with me being sick again and him being gone. I did leave the house to ATTEMPT to pick up a present from The Bay that my mom had sent from Ontario. However, it was at the down-town location. Because of construction, closed streets, one-way streets I was unable to find this "parking lot" for the store or street parking close enough, as the present is quite large (so I've been told). Frustrated I gave it up after an hour of driving in circles. And then I got lost trying to get OUT of downtown. I hate downtown. So I'll wait until Stephan comes home.
The rest of the day was spent relaxing. I practiced the piano for a bit, and watched "It's a wonderful life" on TV. Love that movie!!
Sunday was busy busy busy! In the morning we had the Sunday School Christmas program at church, which I had been asked to play for. It went really well :) I got home for only about an hour before I had to leave to go get ready for the Christmas concert for our kids at work. That show was busy, but it was a huge success. The parents were really happy and loved it, and the kids had a blast (there was a magician, and of course Santa came to gave out presents!). I came home and vegged in front of the tv for a bit, before reading in bed.
How was your weekend?
P.S: I finally did get to a doctor today, and I had another throat infection (probably viral). No medication was prescribed as it seems to be getting better on its own, however the symptoms at its worse (about wed/thurs last week) sounded like Strep Throat so the doctor tested me for that, which I have to wait for the results on. If its not, and its just a viral infection it should clear up on its own. If it gets worse in the next 5 days, I gotta go back. Fingers crossed, because I'm so tired of being sick so often!
Goodness! Sounds like a terrible sore throat! We're pulling for you here! Make sure to continue taking it easy until you feel 100% again! Sometimes we try to get back on the horse before we're ready!
ReplyDeleteI love It's a Wonderful Life! One of my favorite Christmas movies!