Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Weekend Recap - Thanksgiving Long Weekend

This weekend was Thanksgiving up here in Canada. I was looking for a nice relaxing weekend, being very lazy since Stephan was gone back in Ontario.

Friday was a quiet night, not so lazy. I spent some time working on my course, as I had gotten a little bit behind.

Saturday I got to sleep in for a bit, and then it was off to Chestermere for a youth choir practice for the Christmas program this year. After the choir practice we all headed out to the Calgary corn maze. I had never been, and I hadn't been to a corn maze (in general) in years, so I was excited for a bit of fun. And we had some good weather for it, a bit cool but nice and sunny and a blue sky.

borrowed from here

This is a maze from a previous year, not the one I did on Saturday.
Pic taken from here.


After the corn maze I did a little shopping. I bought a nice hunter green sweater for the fall, one I can wear to work as well as a belt and tights/leggings. I want to get into that look. But I bought a size bigger and it was still cutting into my stomach so I need to take them back and do some research on where to get leggings that will fit nice.

Sunday I had church in the morning, and I went back to my old congregation to visit some friends. I was invited to Thanskgiving dinner by someone in the church, and so I spent a wonderful evening there with a turkey dinner.

On Monday I got up and had to prepare some food. I was invited by some other friends from church, along with my cousins, for a Thanksgiving dinner at their house. That's right, 2 turkey dinners for me! :) After I got home, it was more of just working on my course and catching up in front of the tv.

Now I'm trying to drag my butt into work the Tuesday after a long weekend. But, at least its a short week!

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

  1. YUM! I can't wait for some Thanksgiving food!! And the corn maze looks like so much fun! I've never been to one!

    ReplyDelete