Well, I hated to take the week off but it was much needed. I managed to get my essay done (worth 25% of my grade!), and get my week of planning done for the kids at work.
Stephan also came home from his Ontario vacation this past Tuesday. I knew he had been missing home, so I made a big deal out of his return and baked him a german cheesecake, had stew in the slow cooker and home made butter milk biscuits, and flowers. He got a bit of a cold from the air conditioning on the plane, which turned into a full-scale cold which he still is not 100% from. The poor guy also got stuck going right back to work Wednesday morning, even though he was still on vacation for the rest of the week. The schedule got messed up, some sort of mis-communication. He's facing a long work week this week, working overtime on the weekend and continuing with a normal week next week.
So our weekend was quiet, spent relaxing so Stephan could try to feel better for work this week.
I'm looking forward to catching up on your blogs! How was your weekend?
Thank you so much for your sweet comment Jessica!
ReplyDeleteThis immigration stuff is tough but for us it's mostly going to be long. We haven't really tried yet so I don't want to get a lawyer now, maybe down the road. Since my husband and I are married, I'm thinking of applying for permanent residency (you can apply if you have family in Canada and they are willing to vouch for you). But we can only do that once he has a stable job (obviously, otherwise he can't vouch for me). And it's going to take at least a year, during which I'll have to get a work permit if I want to work. But I'm thinking I can do it, I don't want to get into this and already feel defeated.
Are you guys married? Why was it so hard for Stephan to stay in Canada? I thought Canada was actually one of the easy countries haha
Awwww, that's so sweet that you cooked him a big meal! I'm sure that he really appreciated that!!
ReplyDelete